The arrangements for registrations for 2021 are as follows:
- Attached registration form to be completed in full and signed. Provided is one form for ASA and one for Pentagon Pistols. Should you require an ASA registration number, you must complete both forms. Should you require Club Membership only, you must complete the Pentagon Pistols form. Kindly complete the form electronically;
- Direct payment via EFT to be done to Club’s account:
PENTAGON PISTOLS ATHLETIC CLUB
CHEQUE ACCOUNT NUMBER: 40-9650-2688
BRANCHCODE: 632 005
REF: NAME & SURNAME
3. Completed and signed registration form/s AND proof of payment to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. According to our information your 2020 license is valid until 28 February 2021. The 2021 licenses are not available yet and we shall inform you as soon as AFS makes an announcement in this regard.
5. The retention of your old number is not guaranteed and is also subject to availability from AFS, which is still to be confirmed.
6. As soon as we receive the numbers from AFS, we shall inform you of the collection dates and venues.
7. PLEASE NOTE: All incorrect, incomplete, unsigned and unpaid entries will be disregarded.
8. Please keep all communication via email to email@example.com. No enquiries or entries or proof of payments, via Whatsapp, sms, telephone, FB etc.
9. We are aware of the fact that most members or prospective members might consider not to register during 2021, due to prevailing conditions and a resulting lack of road running activities, expected for the year. We are an amateur Running Club with a non-profit constitution and your association to the club, depends on your membership. Membership fees will therefore be payable irrespective of whether you elect to purchase a 2021 ASA license, or not. We are fortunate to be currently maintaining a healthy financial position but would like to ensure that this remains the same in the future. We therefore request that members renew their membership for 2021, in order to achieve and maintain financial security for the club and ensure our sustainability for the future. We have decided to keep the club registration fees the same for the second year in a row.
10. Please note that should you at this stage wish to not purchase an ASA 2021 License, you should only complete the attached PENTAGON PISTOLS CLUB FORM. Should you wish to join the club and purchase a 2021 ASA License, you should complete both forms.
11. If you choose not to be a club member and not to pay fees this year, you are always welcome to still join club runs and activities, but you will then have to pay new membership fee tariff when you join again next year.
12. Please also see attached important correspondence from ASA and AFS for your attention.
COSTS OF REGISTRATION FOR EXISTING 2020 MEMBERS
Registration includes ASA number and membership for 2021:
31 March 2021
31 March 2021
AFS License 2021
First member of Household
Second member of Household
COSTS OF REGISTRATION FOR
31 March 2021
31 March 2021
First member of household
Second member of household
GENERAL RULES AND DETAILS
CLUB COLOURS: Although, our motto is “ We run for fun” we are proud of our club and colours. We therefore request members to wear the prescribed club colours, when participating in races. The prescribed club colours is a red club vest or t-shirt with black shorts or tights. . Should a member not adhere to this or any other rules, he or she may be suspended as a member of the club.
COVID 19 REGULATIONS AND DOCUMENTS
2020 AFS Protocol for Covid Compliant Races
Keep in mind, that if Covid 19 Regulations are the same for 2021, this documents will also to be used during 2021. This is a working document and changes /circulars will be followed up according to ASA and AFS to be implemented accordingly to rules and regulations renewed.
2021-1 Virtual Race info- AFS Road Running Commission
Since the Nationwide lockdown commenced on the 26 March 2020 due to COVID -19 virus outbreak, there has been restrictions on hosting road races. As a direct result of the lockdown period all athletics events in South Africa has been either cancelled or postponed. Other race organizers have been opting to host virtual races. All Virtual races must comply with Athletics regulations.